You might be thinking all those emails with sales and discount codes are doing you a favor. I promise – they’re not!
These emails are tempting you to spend on items that would not have even been on your radar, if not for the enticing sale that just landed in your inbox. One of the ways I save hundreds every year and minimize my temptations is to get off those mailing list and use three browser extensions that help me find the best prices and deals when I shop online. In this episode I share with you my 3 favorite tools for saving money while shopping online: Rakuten, Honey and CamelCamelCamel.
Be smart with your online shopping with these sites:
- Use the app Unroll.me to easily unroll from email lists that are bombarding your inbox (and your mind!) with shopping temptations.
- You can still take advantage of the sales and discounts, but do it on your own terms, when you are actively looking for something and not when you have been targeted thru marketing.
- Rakuten (formerly Ebates) gives you discounts and cash back rebates! Receive a Big Fat Check in the mail or into your PayPal account every quarter with the money you earn from shopping thru Rakuten (or with the Rakuten browser extension)
- The Honey browser extension will search and apply the very best active coupon codes into your cart before checkout, so you don’t need to search for coupon codes yourself anymore! Plus you earn points that you can cash in for $10 gift cards (extra bonus!).
- CamelCamelCamel allows you to see the price history for the products you are shopping for on Amazon. There are constant swings in pricing, based on buyer demand and seller supply and this is one way to know that when you buy you are always getting the best price for your money!
Check out these highlights and resources:
- Rakuten – Get $10 Bonus Dollars when you join with this link (after your first $25 purchase)
- Join Honey – Install this browser extension and let Honey do all the hard work of scouring the internet for coupon codes for you! Honey will automatically apply the best coupon code to your cart at checkout, making sure you always get the best deal.
- Use the CamelCamelCamel browser extension to always make sure you get the best prices when shopping on Amazon. Set up alerts to receive a notification when the item you are shopping for drops to the price you want to pay!