Thinking about buying a house? Listen to what mortgage lender Jeff Quincey shares with Financial Coach Jill Emanuel
Coach Jill interviews mortgage lender Jeff Quincey of Fairway Independent Mortgage, and he gives the scoop on everything you need to know about mortgages, refinancing, and what to expect throughout the process.
- Jeff tells us what you need to know in order to qualify for a loan, do’s and don’t, how much you need for a down payment, where your credit score needs to be….and so much more!
- We talk refinancing – when does it make sense and when doesn’t it? What are some of the key things you need to evaluate to ensure you are making a smart decision?
- Hear some examples of past clients and the mistakes and successes that they experienced through the lending process!
We answered some questions from our Facebook community!
- Janelle Asks: When should a mortgage be refinanced? At what rate difference is it “worth it” after all of the fees are added in?
- Matt Asks: Dave Ramsey says you don’t need a credit score to buy a house. Is this true? Can someone who has no credit history actually get a loan?
- Amy Asks: How does one go about refinancing in order to pull cash out for a home remodel/renovation? Can you elaborate on this? How much equity needs to be in the home to do a cash-out, etc?
- Barbie Asks: Is it worth it to refinance a 15-year mortgage to another 15-year mortgage if the interest rate has dropped 1%? Not to add any more debt, but to lower the payment? (currently, 14 years remaining)
- Ian Asks: What type of help can a first time home buyer get? And how do you know when you’re buying too much house for your budget?
Resources/ links related to topic/ mentioned in the podcast:
- Monitor your credit score for free using Credit Karma at https://www.creditkarma.com/
- Pull your FREE credit report at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
- Looking for a great lender? Connect with Jeff here: https://www.jeffquincey.com/
- Join the Fiscal Fitness Facebook Community! It’s the place you want to be to ask questions, get answers and connect to a community of like-minded financial rockstars!