How many of the traits do you share with financially and healthfully successful people?
Over the years financial coach Jill Emanuel has noticed that the great majority (80%!!!) of our one on one financial coaching clients clients are focused on their health and fitness as well as their finances. This fact got her wondering if there were certain personality traits that these people possessed that made them more likely to be successful in both. She has identified 10 traits that she sees time and time again in the clients we work with, that makes them people who are highly likely to be successful with their finances AND with their health. As a result, she has been able to better help her clients improve both areas of their lives.
When you listen to this episode ask yourself the following:
- Which of these traits do I also have?
- How can I improve the prevalence of these traits in myself?
- What actions do I need to take to do so?
- What goals do I have in regards to my finances and health?
- Where am I sabotaging myself in being financially and healthfully successful?
The 10 traits that Coach Jill has identified in clients that are both successful with their fitness goals and financial goals are that they:
- Believe things (they) can be/do better.
- Are OK with being temporarily uncomfortable for the greater good
- Ask questions and seek advice and guidance from others who are successful at the things they want to be successful at
- Know their numbers.
- Abandon the ALL or NOTHING mentality.
- Are open minded to trying new things.
- Create a plan and stick to it.
- Are focused on a specific goal.
- Find a support system.
- Celebrate their wins.
- Are you eating all your money away?: Podcast episode 57
- New years resolution super episode: Podcast episode 49
- 9 strategies to help you manage your time and money: Podcast episode 40
- Blog post: Budgeting for health insurance and medical costs
- Meal planning and prepping with Dr. Mike Simon: Podcast episode 24