Meet Erica Rivera, Fiscal Fitness’ newest team member and our Client Concierge and Executive Assistant. She joined the team at the end of 2020, and we were this excited when she said yes to our offer.
(That’s her on the left.)
We can’t wait for you all to get to know Erica a little better. To help with that, here’s our interview with this adventure-seeker, softball player and military wife.
What’s your title?
Executive Assistant and Client Concierge
What degrees or certifications do you have?
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Colorado College that I have not used at all since I graduated. LOL 🙂 And although nothing formal, I have an extensive photography background including owning my own business. I’ve photographed weddings, engagements, family photos, newborns, and pretty much everything in between, but my all-time favorite is travel photography. I’ve even been published a couple times.
(That’s her lion photo!)
Describe your top three job responsibilities at Fiscal Fitness.
1) Organize back-end systems so that we are communicating with our clients in the best and quickest ways possible while also lightening the load and making the workflow simple for our coaches. I want to make the team as efficient as possible.
2) Help our financial coaches and the entire team stay on the same page by scheduling appointments, maintaining schedules and managing calendars.
3) Pretty much handling any of the non-financial things that might come up. I am the initial and ongoing contact with clients. I help clients get set and ready so their time with our coaches can be really well spent.
Why are you good at your job?
I am REALLY good at organizing things: people, emails, spreadsheets, systems, calendars…you name it, I can make it prettier, clearer, and more efficient. I am a time management and efficiency master, the kind of person who can do 20 tasks at once, and generally, in less time than others. I love being the behind-the-scenes person that is stealthily keeping everything and everyone moving forward.
What drew you to working at Fiscal Fitness?
In my previous job, I learned that the back-end systems organization is what I really enjoy, the job listing I applied to for this position was eerily similar to the role I had left when we moved from Chicago, except all the parts of my previous job that I did not like were missing from this one! It really was kind of weirdly the perfect fit.
I was also looking for something fully remote, being a military spouse and moving every 2-3 years never gave me the opportunity to have any kind of career progression. After everything moved online due to COVID, I had the realization that finding a fully remote position could alleviate a lot of the struggles that come with the military lifestyle. Although, being in Phoenix now has me close to most of the team which has been great.
What’s one thing someone might be surprised to know about you?
I’m a military spouse and lived in Seoul, South Korea for 3 years! It was amazing, and I would go back in one second flat.
When not working, you like to do these three things:
- Playing fast pitch softball – not slow pitch. I hate slow pitch. I’ve been playing since I was 5, and I can’t get enough. I even created my own women’s fast pitch league in Chicago so I could play for two seasons while we lived there.
- Traveling the world. I’ve been to 20 countries so far and plan to see many, many more. It is truly my favorite thing and my passion.
- Playing board games (cooperative games only because I’m far too competitive) or watching movies with my husband AJ and dog/son Pogo!
- My dog is truly my son in every sense of the word. OK fine, I’m completely obsessed.
With a face like that, how could she not?!?!
If you’d like to chat with Erica, schedule a Eureka session with one of our coaches. You’ll get to chat with her, work with our coaches, AND get a rock solid plan for your money. Schedule your Eureka session here.